Sunday, November 20, 2011

Paint

It's funny how every new aspect of the house is so exciting. We were talking the other night about how excited we were when we first got our concrete slab poured in the basement and later when the Superior walls went up. So while I would like the think that getting the interior painted is the greatest thing that has happened, I guess these are just more steps in the build.

We had no idea it would be so tough to choose paint colors. I have spent so many years of my life living in houses with white walls, I knew that I wanted some color, but I also knew that in an open concept house where so many rooms could be seen from one place, all of the colors needed to work together. I also knew that I wanted a bright red accent wall in the great room; Flora was definitely not convinced that this was a good idea. But after a few weeks of working through color charts room by room, we finally had everything picked out and did a walk-through with our painter.

There were eight people on the paint crew. They spent the first day was masking, the second day the ceilings were painted, and finally on the third day the color was rolled onto the walls. We now have some green bedrooms and one that is yellow. Bathroom colors range from lavender to robin's egg blue. In the great room I got my red accent wall and it looks amazing. Now that the house is painted I can finally begin tiling the floors.

Although the painters were very glad to have the tall scaffolds to work from while painting the ceilings, I am really looking forward to getting them out of my living room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment